27 jul 2011

Learning through "big ideas"?

”Big idea” is a concept that isn’t exactly understood when you first start dealing with it so I have found myself wondering what a “big idea”is.
Is it a learning goal? Is it a main topic? Is it a competence?
Now , there´s one more: What´s an “Essential question”?
Well in that case, don’t worry, just clic on this link :
http://www.nhcs.k12.nc.us/instruction/CITWweb/ObjectivesFeedback/Big%20Ideas%20and%20Essential%20Questions%20in%20Curriculum.pdf
There, you’ll find not only an answer to these questions but some examples too.
You better read it my friends!  This document sure will help you to clear up and define your understanding about “Big ideas” and “Essential questions”.
My recognitions to the author.It has really helped me a lot!
Best regards